The ultimate goal of the Phoenix Sanctuary is to provide a safe place to keep children and adolescents out of custody, prevent long-term treatment, and provide a step-down service for children. Our team of professionals is committed to supporting our clients who are ready to be discharged but have difficulties in placement or need additional transition work to move onto their next place in life.
Phoenix Sanctuary is a secure residential facility designed to enhance the youth’s ability to achieve a higher level of functioning while avoiding future placement in a more intensive treatment facility. Phoenix Sanctuary provides short-term care in a trauma-focused, staff–intensive, 24-hour campus-based environment. Referral sources often include JIAC, DCF, JCMH, and various other placement agencies including KVC and St. Francis.
The Phoenix Sanctuary accepts 12 youth, males and females ages 6 through 17 with moderate social, emotional, and family or placement problems. The program includes a Director and Clinician, Therapeutic Case Manager, Therapist, Care Facilitators, and a board certified psychiatrist, and APRN’s as needed. The Phoenix Sanctuary has 24-hour client care, intake support and psychiatric consultation, as needed.
- Physical exam/nursing assessment
- Crisis assessment/risk screening
- Initial treatment/treatment plan
- Individual and/or family therapy
- Case management
- Psychosocial groups
- Family reintegration and follow up services, as needed
- Life skills and positive youth development education
- Behavior management
- Mentoring and organized recreation
- Family crisis mitigation
- Medical and dental care
- 24/7 Emergency Admissions-Triage, Assessment, and Intake
- 24/7 Crisis Hotline
- Delayed egress doors/Access Control — Approved by KSFMO
- Transportation provided as necessary